House Rules For Guests:
• Respect other guests, the property and, most importantly, the artist. Please turn off or silence cell phones. No texting, tweeting or phone calls during performances.
• Tasty brews, water and Jenni’s award-winning salsa are available to our guests. Please provide any other food/drinks to enjoy. Please drink responsibly.
• Smoking is allowed in designated area only
• Watch your step up and down. We are not responsible for any spills or injuries.
• Help us keep things nice. Please clean up your area after the concert.
• We expect our guests to be attentive listeners. We reserve the right to remove anyone at any time for unruly behavior distracting from the performance.
How it all began...
Catfish Concerts began over beer and wine one sunny afternoon. As Brian T. Atkinson and Jenni Finlay ordered a second round at South Austin’s Enoteca wine bar and restaurant, the two talked about how thankful they were for everything the Austin music community has given them: Lifelong friends. Endless music. Jobs. (The Americana power duo own Eight 30 Records, Barefoot Recording and Burgundy Red Films and have authored books together (Kent Finlay, Dreamer: The Musical Legacy behind Cheatham Street Warehouse) and apart (Atkinson’s True Love Cast Out All Evil: The Songwriting Legacy of Roky Erickson, Looks Like Rain: The Songwriting Legacy of Mickey Newbury, The Messenger: The Songwriting Legacy of Ray Wylie Hubbard and I’ll Be Here in the Morning: The Songwriting Legacy of Townes Van Zandt and Finlay’s poetry collections Table for One and Orphan Poems).
Atkinson and Finlay wondered what they could do to give back to those who have given them so much. Catfish Concerts was born by the time the check arrived that afternoon on South Congress Avenue. The concert series’ primary mission is to promote Americana music’s finest singers and songwriters in an intimate and relaxed setting and to offer artists what few can: 100% of ticket sale profits. In turn, artists frequently perform rare and unreleased material not yet (or ever) heard anywhere else. We hope you’ll join us in celebrating the music we love. In our first five years, we’ve hosted Americana A-listers including Mary Gauthier, David Olney, Greg Trooper, James McMurtry, Verlon Thompson, Sunny Sweeney and Brennen Leigh, Danny Barnes, Tim Easton, Shinyribs' Kevin Russell, Walt Wilkins, Kevin Welch, Gurf Morlix and dozens more. Additionally, we host our popular Townes Van Zandt tribute on the Sunday of South by Southwest every year.
For booking information, contact: email@example.com
2506 Lazy Oaks Drive
Austin, TX 78745
(Please email prior to show day for details, directions, and information)